Rachel McAdams (born October 7, 1976) is a Canadian actress. She was born in
Canada, and grew up in St. Thomas, Ontario. At the age of four,
she took up competitive figure skating. She took up acting at age thirteen at
summer theater camp.
Rachel attended Central Elgin Collegiate Institute in St. Thomas from grade nine
to OAC (An optional 13th year for ontario pre-college students). She later
graduated from York University with honors, where she studied theatre.
Rachel McAdams had a large role in the film The Hot Chick, alongside Rob Schneider, but her
career really took off when she starred as Regina George, popularity queen and
resident bitch of her school, in the 2004 hit Mean Girls. She starred opposite
Hollywood It-Girl Lindsay Lohan. Mean Girls got McAdams' name into many homes
around the United States, as it was such a big hit.
Rachel McAdams followed Mean Girls with the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel The
Notebook, alongside Ryan Gosling. Her most recent role was that of the engaged
daughter of an important political leader in The Wedding Crashers. She starred
opposite Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. Her next role is in the thriller Red Eye.
McAdams received critical acclaim for both roles and was honored for her work,
most recently a record number of five nominations, and three wins, at the MTV
Movie Awards in 2005.
- The Family Stone (2005) – Amy Stone
- Red Eye (2005) – Lisa Reisert
- Wedding Crashers (2005) – Claire Cleary
- The Notebook (2004) – Allie Hamilton
- Mean Girls (2004) – Regina George
- Slings & Arrows (2003) (TV series) – Kate McNab
- The Hot Chick (2002) – Jessica Spencer/Clive Maxtone
- Perfect Pie (2002) – Patsy (age 15)
- My Name Is Tanino (2002) – Sally Garfield
- Guilt by Association (2002) (TV) – Danielle
- Shotgun Love Dolls (2001) (TV series) – Beth
- "I have a certain curiosity for life that drives me and propels me forward." -
- "As strange as movie making is, doing love scenes for the first time with
someone you've never even said hello to does work in terms of having a fresh
quality to a relationship."- Rachel McAdams
- "Yeah. I still live in Canada, so it's not quite the same. And when I'm in L.A.,
I'm in a car; you don't have the contact with the public. It's not so bad. It's
still pretty much the same. I still feel pretty normal-ish." - Rachel McAdams
- "McAdams, who has Wes Craven's "Red-Eye" chiller opening in mid-August, is still
getting asked about her and Ryan Gosling's jaw-dropping kiss on last month's MTV
Movie Awards. After the "Notebook" movie couple won the award for Best Kiss, she
leapt into his arms and planted a big one on him. Turns out it was Gosling's
doing. Says Rachel, "Ryan was whispering in my ear as we're winning the award.
He's like, 'You go that way, I'll go this way, and we'll meet in the middle,' "
she recounts. 'I was like, 'What?!? You better not chicken out or I'll kill
you!' It was fun." - Rachel McAdams
This Rachel McAdams Biography Page is Copyright © 2004 - 2009 Chuck Ayoub