Born Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue, she chose her mother's maiden name, Montgomery, as her stage name. She arrived in Hollywood at age 18 carrying a copy of How to Make It In Hollywood.
Poppy Montgomery's brother is named Jethro Tull. Montgomery's sisters are called Rosie Thorn, Daisy Yellow, Lily Belle and Marigold Sun - all named after flowers, as Poppy is.
Poppy Montgomery currently stars in the American television series Without a Trace. Montgomery was the "cover girl" for the May 2005 issue of the magazine Stuff, an issue that labeled Montgomery as "TV's Hottest Cop." She has also appeared in Maxim and FHM.
Poppy was praised by some critics for her portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in the
Montgomery disputed the 1972 birth year, insisting she was born in 1975, in an interview with USA magazine Entertainment Weekly in 2004.
Trivia for Poppy Montgomery
- Montgomery, who was born and raised in Australia, once lost an audition because screeners thought that her Australian accent sounded too phony.
Filmography for Poppy Montgomery
- Murder In the Hamptons (2005)
- Between (2005)
- 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (2004)
- Raising Waylon (2004)
- Blonde (2001)
- Men Names Milo, Women Named Greta (2000)
- This Space Between Us (2000)
- Life (1999)
- The Other Sister (1999)
- The Wonder Cabinet (1999)
- Dead Man on Campus (1998)
- Desert's Edge (1997)
- The Cold Equations (1996)
- Peacock Blues (1996)
- Stories From The Edge (1996)
- Jake Lassiter: Justice On The Bayou (1995)
- Devil In A Blue Dress (1995)
- Tammy And The T-Rex (1994)
Television shows for Poppy Montgomery
- Silk Stalkings ep. "Natural Selections: Part 1" 1994
- Party of Five ep. "Poor Substitue" 1996
- NYPD Blue ep. "Burnin' Love" 1996
- Relativity (Jennifer Lukens) 1996-1997
- The Beat (Elizabeth Waclawek) 2000
- Glory Days (Ellie Sparks) 2002
- Without a Trace (Agent Samantha Spade) 2002-\