Born in New York to Charles Peet (a Quaker lawyer)
and Penny (a Jewish social worker), Peet attended
Friends Seminary with
Liev Schreiber and studied history
at Columbia University, where she auditioned for acting
teacher Uta Hagen. During her 4-year period of study
with Hagen, Peet appeared in the off-Broadway revival of
Clifford Odets's Awake and Sing.
Amanda Peet had her first screen performance in a television commercial for Skittles. Amanda Peet's early roles included a guest starring role on Law & Order. She made her film debut in the 1995 film Animal Room. Peet maintained a steady acting career in relatively obscure indie movies.
Amanda Peet's first major role was as "Jack" in the 1999 TV series Jack & Jill (which aired for two seasons). Her first wide-release feature film role came in 2000, with The Whole Nine Yards, elevating her status from supporting actress to lead. That same year, she was voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine.
- She became engaged to actor/writer David Benioff on July 19, 2005.
- Has sensitive skin, thus wears little or no makeup
- One Fine Day (1996)
- Body Shots (1999)
- The Whole Nine Yards (2000)
- Whipped (2000)
- Saving Silverman (2001)
- Igby Goes Down (2002)
- Identity (2003)
- Something's Gotta Give (2003)
- The Whole Ten Yards (2004)
- Melinda and Melinda (2005)
- A Lot Like Love (2005)
- Syriana (2005)
Websites for Amanda Peet
- Who is Amanda Peet dating? - Amanda Peet Dating, Relationships, Gossip, News and Famous Couples at WhosDatedWho.com